Hopp over seksjon - Til hovedinnhold - Topp
Til toppen av siden
Dr. Hans R. Herren
- President and CEO, Millennium Institute (MI) USA, since May 2005. MI provides tools (system dynamics models such as the T21) and capacity development services to empower developing countries in the design and ex ante evaluation of their sustainable development strategies and supporting policies.
- Chief Executive and Director General, International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE) Kenya, 1994 - 2005. Introduced new research and capacity development paradigm in insect and ecosystem sciences as relevant to human, animal, plant and environmental health.
- Director Biological Control Program, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Nigeria, 1979 -1994. Designed and implemented one of the world’s largest and most successful biological control program. The cassava mealybug biological control program has resulted in a cost-benefit ratio of 1 to 243, saving over 20 million lives and the livelihood of 200 million people in the African cassava belt, from Senegal to Mozambique.
- Post Doc in Biological control at the University of California, Berkeley, with Prof. R. van den Bosch 1977 - 1979.
- MSc in plant breeding and entomology; PhD in biological control of insect pests, Federal Institute of Technology, Zürich, Switzerland 1969 - 1977.
- Co-Chair of the International Assessment of Agricultural Science and Technology for Development (IAASTD) 2003 - present
- Life President BioVision Foundation, Switzerland.
- Member CGIAR Science Council and Scientific Advisory Committee EPF-L- Switzerland
- Member NAS and TWAS
Awards and Honors
- Sir and Lady Rank Prize for Nutrition, 1991
- Kilby Award for Extraordinary Contribution to Society 1995.
- World Food Prize 1995, in recognition for having advanced human development by improving the quality, quantity and availability of the world’s food supply.
- Brandenberger Preis (2002)
- Tyler Prize (2003)